09 Jan STNH 3: Chara Caruthers – Eat like you love yourself
Chara Caruthers has been on my podcast before. You may remember her from episode 21 of Shiny Healthy You when we spoke about Ayurveda, eating for your dosha (or body type), and detoxification.
Chara is a yoga teacher, yoga therapist, Ayurvedic practitioner, recipe developer, all round great cook, and a very good friend of mine.
I’ve got her back in because there’s so much more to this woman, so one episode was never going to be enough. Since our last interview she’s been busy in the kitchen, creating an exciting recipe book called Eat Like You Love Yourself. (Can you believe no one has thought of this title before?)
In this episode, we chat about:
- Food as medicine
- Eating for the seasons
- Self love and self care
- How your state of mind affects your overall health
- Eating for different states of mind (to reduce overwhelm and increase grounding)
- Green smoothies – are they ok or not?
- The art of comfort eating (and knowing when to stop!)
- And Chara’s own personal journey with food – from smashing bowls of cereal after school in the 80s, to overeating in college, french fries and corn dogs, to finally coming to understand how to nourish herself and make better food choices.
Want to connect with Chara?
You can catch her on Facebook here.
Or on Instagram here.
Her website is here.
To listen to this episode:
Free Quiz – Are you at risk of burnout?
Take this 5 minute quiz to assess your risk of adrenal dysfunction (perfect if you’ve been burning the candle at both ends over Christmas and New Years).
Be part of a pumping community of like-minded people. Get live Q&As, Facebook live videos on hot topics, and loads more. Join the Straight Talking Natural Health Facebook group here.