Happy Gluten Free Friday!
We were short on gluten free bread one day this week (we love Sol Breads in our house BTW). I reeeeeally wanted boiled eggs with soldiers for lunch (don’t ask me why!) but couldn’t be bothered going all the way to the shop to get more bread. So I was forced to think outside the square a little. Luckily my husband was snacking on raw green beans at the time so it wasn’t hard to come up with a solution. Green soldiers! And they were awesome!
It got me thinking… Where else can I replace grains with something completely different? Here’s 5 ideas that I’m going to try:
- Bolognaise sauce on steamed green veggies instead of pasta
- Stir fries on top of steamed green Chinese veggies
- Steamed zucchini ribbons instead of pasta (you can make these with a vegetable peeler or if you are really fancy you could buy a vegetable spiraler)
- Veggie sticks with dips instead of crackers – celery, capsicum, broccoli, beans, mushrooms, carrots all go nicely with dips
- Grated apple and chopped nuts stirred into yoghurt instead of muesli
So there’s no need to panic if you run out of your usual gluten free staples. Just think outside the square and see what you can come up with. What other grain free ideas do you have? Leave your comments below.
Have a great weekend xo
Worried About Adrenal Fatigue?
Follow me here for more awesome healthy stuff...